Recipes with white wines - page 2
We love sharing our fascination of wine and food! Watch for more recipes to début. All the recipes are in alphabeical order and are easy to print.
Please click on the name of the recipe you wish to view or feel free to browse down the list. For your convenience, the names and the link for the second page of recipes is posted as well.
Please be aware some of these recipes may contain SHELLFISH.
- 4 fresh shiitake mushroom caps, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 oysters on the half shell, preferably Island Creek
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. To make the mignonette, lightly coat 2 of the shiitake caps with oil. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, until tender. Let the mushrooms cool; cut into a fine dice. Combine with the minced shallots, wine, vinegar, and pepper. Set mignonette aside.
Thinly slice the other 2 mushroom caps. Heat the remaining oil in a large sauté pan. Fry the mushroom slices until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the mushrooms on paper towels.
To serve, drizzle a teaspoon of mignonette over each oyster. Garnish each oyster with 2 slices of fried shiitakes and a few slices of scallion.
Yield: 12 oysters.Wine Suggestion:
Stone Cellar Riesling or your favorite Galen Glen white wineWARNING: This recipe contains SHELLFISH.
Adding roasted shiitakes to a simple mignonette transforms oysters on the half shell.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large Spanish onions, peeled and diced
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 pounds white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- One bottle of your favorite Galen Glen white wine
- 4 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- Pint sour cream
- Bunch fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat a large pot over medium heat for two minutes then add the butter
- 2. When the butter is melted add the onions, celery and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes
- 3. Add the bottle of wine and cook until the wine is reduced by half
- 4. Add the stock, potatoes and 2 tablespoons horseradish.
- 5. Bring to a boil then turn down to medium and simmer until the potatoes are soft about 30 minutes
- 6. Once the potatoes are soft. Puree the soup in a blender until smooth
- 7. Place the pureed soup in a pot, add the heavy cream, half the sour cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8. Stir soup until all the cream and sour cream are fully incorporated
- 9. Ladle soup in bowls, garnish with sour cream, fresh dill and more horseradish
- 8 small new potatoes, cooked
- 1/2 cup Galen Glen Riesling
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mild onions
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar mixed with 1/8 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
Blend wine, onions, oil, vinegar, sugar, parsley, salt and pepper together. Pour over warm potatoes and mix lightly. Chill several hours before serving.
Galen Glen Riesling
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked to al dente per instructions on box & drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp sherry
- 3.5 cups 1% milk
- 6 oz Lobster (canned)
- 8 oz crab (canned)
- Freshly shredded:
- 4 oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 oz Gruyere cheese
- 4 oz Imported Swiss Cheese
Melt butter and then add salt & pepper. Mix in flour into butter until smooth. Stir in milk and heat to boiling, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and mix in nutmeg & sherry, then blend in cheeses. Add lobster and crab. Last, mix in cooked macaroni. Bake in preheated oven at 375° for about 30 minutes. Bon appétit!Wine Suggestion:
Galen Glen Stone Cellar Riesling or RieslingWARNING: This recipe contains SHELLFISH.
- This recipe contains shellfish
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps thickly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, white & light green part only
- 1 large hot red chile, seeded & thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 1/4 cup Galen Glen Riesling
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled & de-veined
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty Bread for serving
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add scallions and chile and cook for more 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the clams and wine and cook uncovered, stirring until about half are open, about 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until all of the clams are open and shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes longer.
- Serve in deep bowls with bread to sop up the sauce.
Galen Glen Grüner VeltlinerWARNING: This recipe contains SHELLFISH.
- 1/2 cup Galen Glen Riesling
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine wine, onion and spices. Let stand about 10 minutes.
- Crumble cheeses into mixing bowl.
Serve with crackers, bread or vegetables. Note: Keep chilled until serving.