Galen Glen's Austrian Liptauer Spread
Liptauer is a paprika-spiced cheese spread from Hungary that's popular in Austrian heurigers (Wine Taverns). Using high-quality, fresh Hungarian paprika is the key to this delicious and authentic spread.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons (small gherkins)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped drained capers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well blended.
Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to three days. Serve with dark bread or on pretzels with spiced wine for an authentic Austrian wine tavern treat.Wine Suggestion:
Galen Glen Holiday Spice