Andalusian Shrimp Fritters
2 large eggs
2 cups flour
1 or 2 tsp salt, according to taste
1/8 tsp pepper
1 lb medium cooked shrimp - shelled, de-veined and finely chopped
1 ¼ cup onion, coarsely grated
2 tbsp chopped parsley
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra if required
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Whisk eggs. Whisk in flour, water and salt until just blended. (Some lumps are fine.) Using rubber spatula, fold in shrimp, onion and parsley.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil until shimmering (about 400°). Drop rounded tablespoons of batter in skillet and spread each mound into a 2 ½ " round.
4. Fry fritters over moderate high heat until browned. (About 3 min per side).
5. Drain on paper towels and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven to keep warm.
6. Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting heat if necessary and adding more oil if required.
7. Warm fritters in oven and serve. Makes about 30 fritters.
Wine Suggestion: Galen Glen Riesling